Thomastown Physiotherapy 3 Highlands Road Thomastown Vic 3074Tel. 03 9465 0282 firstname.lastname@example.org General Physiotherapy Paediatric Physiotherapy
The Benefits of Pre-Op Physiotherapy Include:
- Education about what to expect, so patients will not be afraid to follow prescribed post-operative protocol.
- Teaching of appropriate exercises to maintain strength and range of movement before surgery.
- If the client has good muscle strength and a basic understanding of bio-mechanics beforehand, it is easier to regain their functional movement and strength after surgery.
Pre-operative Physiotherapy is advantageous because generally, the stronger the patient is before surgery, the better they will be after surgery.
The Benefits of Post-Op Physiotherapy Include:
- At Thomastown Physiotherapy, our physiotherapists work closely with the surgeons and their preferred protocols to bring each client to their optimum recovery as quickly as possible.
- Initially, physiotherapy is valuable to quickly reduce pain and swelling, using such modalities as ice, electrotherapy and soft tissue massage. The physiotherapist will give advice about activity levels and monitor adherence to protocols.
- Where indicated, our physiotherapists will use various manual therapy techniques to regain range of movement and function, including Joint Mobilisations, Muscle Energy techniques as well as Deep Tissue Releases.
- In conjunction with the specialist’s protocol, our physiotherapists will develop and prepare an individual exercise program for each client based on their precise knowledge of the exact type of surgery.
We have a large, well-equipped practice with an in-house gym so you can be sure your clients will receive the most up to date, best practice treatment. It is important that patients take responsibility for their exercises if they are to get optimal results, so education about pain management and coping techniques are an intrinsic part of our treatment.
Our physiotherapists are familiar with the treatment protocols prescribed by most Orthopaedic Surgeons in Melbourne, but we happily and readily liaise with all our referring surgeons to determine any specific requirements you may have for your clients. We look forward to working with you and your clients.
Therapists Who Offer This Treatment
Physiotherapy can provide pain relief, improve range of movement and function.
Shock Wave Therapy is effective in the treatment of painful and chronic soft tissue conditions.
Dry needling is a modern treatment designed to ease muscular pain by inserting several filiform needles into your skin.
Clinical Pilates programs which are specifically and individually designed to your condition by your physiotherapist.
We are able to offer our patients access to a supervised hydrotherapy class at Thomastown Recreation and Aquatic Centre.
Sports Injury Treatment
Our highly successful treatment strategies will help the athlete achieve the best possible outcome – fast.
Rehabilitation of damaged and/or injured bodily functions is the core of physical therapy.
Core Stability Exercises
Our physiotherapists can instruct you to develop strong core stability.
We work with children and their families to improve the child's ability to move and participate in all the things they need to.
Problems with incontinence? We can help switch on your muscles to help this problem disappear.