Thomastown Physiotherapy 3 Highlands Road Thomastown Vic 3074Tel. 03 9465 0282 email@example.com General Physiotherapy Paediatric Physiotherapy
Please ask yourself these questions:
- When you laugh, sneeze, cough or exercise, do you sometimes leak a small amount of urine?
- Are you ever “caught short” by a sudden, strong urge to pass urine?
- Do you arrange your daily routine around where the nearest toilets will be?
- Do you wake twice or more during the night to go to the toilet?
- Do you experience bowel problems such as soiling, urgency, poor wind control, or difficulty emptying?
- Have you given up enjoyable activities – like walking, aerobics or dancing – because of fear of bladder leakage or loss of bowel control?
If your answer to all or to most of these questions is a “Yes,” then you might be suffering from incontinence. Any unwanted or involuntary leakage of urine is not normal, however you can get help.
What we do:
- A primary contributing factor to urinary incontinence is pelvic floor muscle weakness.
- Our physiotherapist can individually assess your pelvic floor muscle function, give you an individual program, and teach you what lifestyle factors you need to address – including healthy bladder and bowel habit training.
- It can be interesting to have an assessment done if you are in any way unsure of whether you are doing your exercises correctly.
- Many people have difficulty identifying which muscles to exercise.
- Speak out and get some assistance today. The earlier you seek help, the better.
Incontinence, or poor bladder or bowel control, is a condition commonly associated with pregnancy, childbirth, menopause or a range of chronic conditions such as asthma, diabetes or low back pain.
Therapists Who Offer This Treatment
Physiotherapy can provide pain relief, improve range of movement and function.
Shock Wave Therapy is effective in the treatment of painful and chronic soft tissue conditions.
Dry needling is a modern treatment designed to ease muscular pain by inserting several filiform needles into your skin.
Clinical Pilates programs which are specifically and individually designed to your condition by your physiotherapist.
We are able to offer our patients access to a supervised hydrotherapy class at Thomastown Recreation and Aquatic Centre.
Pre & Post-Op Physio
We provide the best post-operative care to our clients & achieve excellent results; safely, quickly and professionally.
Sports Injury Treatment
Our highly successful treatment strategies will help the athlete achieve the best possible outcome – fast.
Rehabilitation of damaged and/or injured bodily functions is the core of physical therapy.
Core Stability Exercises
Our physiotherapists can instruct you to develop strong core stability.
We work with children and their families to improve the child's ability to move and participate in all the things they need to.